Welcome to Posture Tracking.
This app will help you monitor your seated posture. Please be advised that by no means this is a medical app, tips, hints, and data presented is aimed to help your gain awareness about the importance of having a good posture. If you are feeling back pain or discomfort you should get professional advisor a medical expert.
Having good posture habits can help prevent musculo-skeletal disorders (World Health Organization). It is important to keep the following in mind:
1. Sitting: Your weight should be evenly distributed on both sides of your butt; your hips, shoulders, and ears are all in-line; and your face and eyes are looking straight ahead.
2. Push your bottom as far back as possible.
3. Adjust the seat height so that knees are slightly lower than your hips.
4. Use a rolled-up towel or your chair’s lumbar support in the curve of the small of your back.
5. Place your keyboard so that your elbows bend at 90 degrees.
6. Make sure you’ve got a good chair that supports your back and is ergonomic for your workspace (more on that below). Sitting at a 135-degree angle could put less strain on your spine, but you’d have to adjust your workspace accordingly.
To try the app, click the button below and download it to your mobile device. Install the APK and try it. Once the APK is downloaded to your mobile device, open it, you will get a warning about installing apps from unknown sources and continue. The app only reads the accelerometer, it doesn't access any other data, nor saves any file in your device.
Please note that once the app starts the device starts vibrating, go to Setup and configure the inclination ranges. Once configured, the vibration will only occur when the inclination is out of range.
Prototype developed for the Coursera HCI Specialization
Created by: Alvaro Uribe